Pumpkin Ice Cream Cake
- Serves 10
- Prep Time 40 min
- Cook Time 8 min
- Freeze Time 5 hr
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) ginger cookie crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Imperial® margarine
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 8 cups (2 L) Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) pumpkin pie filling
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) dark rum (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Toss the crumbs with the margarine and cinnamon until combined.
- Press 250 mL of the mixture into a 20 cm springform pan.
- Spread the remaining crumbs in an even layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake both the crust and extra crumbs for 8 minutes. Cool and crumble the loose crumbs; set aside.
- Scoop out half of Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Creamand let soften at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Blend the softened ice cream with the pumpkin and rum until well combined and spread evenly over the crust; freeze for 1 hour.
- Soften the remaining ice cream for 10 minutes; stir until it reaches the consistency of softened cream cheese.
- Spread evenly over the pumpkin layer and sprinkle evenly with the reserved crumbs.
- Cover tightly and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm. (Dessert can be held in the freezer for up to 3 days, tightly wrapped.)
- Transfer to the refrigerator for 10 minutes before serving.
- Dip a serrated knife in hot water and then wipe dry to make slicing easier.
Note: We recommend using the rum as directed because the alcohol content helps to maintain a creamier texture in the frozen pumpkin layer
For a decorative effect, use strips or cut outs of parchment paper to create a patterned top before sprinkling the crumbs. Freeze as directed; shake off any loose crumbs before removing the paper.
|Per:||1||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount:||Nutrient Type|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Trans Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|
|Vitamin D||-1 mcg|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|
|Vitamin B6||-1 mg|
|Vitamin E||-1 mg|
|Vitamin K||-1 mcg|