Frozen Eton Mess
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 30 min
- 1/2 container (945 mL) Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped meringues
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted almond slices
- Place Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream in a medium bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds to soften the ice cream. Stir the ice cream until it becomes the consistency of soft-serve ice cream.
- Quickly fold in the strawberries, meringues and toasted almonds. Spoon the mixture into individual bowls, sprinkle with a few toasted almonds and serve immediately.
Eton mess is a dessert of English origin consisting of a mixture of strawberries, pieces of meringue and cream – traditionally served at Eton College’s annual prize-giving celebration picnic on the "Fourth of June". One story reports that the dessert was invented when a Labrador Retriever accidentally sat on a picnic basket in the back of a car on the way to a picnic. In our delicious new take on a classic, ice cream replaces the cream.