Gingerbread Ice Cream Cake
- Serves 8
- Prep Time 30 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- Freeze Time 4 hr
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) molasses
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. (6 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 8 medium scoops (about 1 L) Breyers® Classic French Vanilla, softened
- For cake, heat oven to 350°F (180°C ). Grease and flour (20x20x5 cm) square metal baking pan.
- Combine granulated sugar, molasses, oil and water in large bowl; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Add egg; mix well. Combine flour, ginger, baking soda and salt in separate bowl. Add to molasses mixture, stirring just until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cake with knife or thin metal spatula. Cover pan with cooling rack and turn the pan and rack over; remove pan. Cover with another rack and turn cake right side up. Cool completely.
- Cover 23cm cardboard square with aluminum foil. Cut cooled cake horizontally in half with serrated knife, making two even layers. Place one layer cut side up on foil covered cardboard. Gently spread Breyers® Classic French Vanilla evenly on bottom cake layer. Top with remaining cake layer, cut side down. Cover tightly with foil and freeze until firm, about 8 hours.
- Remove cake from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar through fine sieve over top of cake if desired. Cut into 8 pieces. Serve immediately.
One package (450g) gingerbread mix may be substituted for cake ingredients. Prepare and bake according to package directions for gingerbread cake (not cookies). Remove from pan and cool cake completely. Follow recipe directions beginning with Step 4.
|Per:||1||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount:||Nutrient Type|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Trans Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|
|Vitamin D||-1 mcgs|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|
|Vitamin B6||-1 mg|
|Vitamin E||-1 mg|
|Vitamin K||-1 mcg|