Red, White and Blueberry “Shortcakes”
- Serves 8
- Prep Time 45 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 3 sticks butter, softened, (about 337g)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberries, divided
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) red raspberries
- 16 small scoops Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream or Breyers® Creamery Style™ French Vanilla, (about 1 L)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.(180° C).
- For cookies: beat butter with electric mixer in large bowl until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add confectioners sugar and beat until well combined, about 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and salt
- Add flour; mix until no streaks of flour remain. (Do not overmix; dough will be soft.)
- On well-sugared surface, roll out dough to 6 mm thickness. Cut with 10-cm round cookie cutter into 12 rounds. (It will be necessary to gently combine and re-roll dough scraps.) Cut 4 of the rounds in half.
- Place cookies 2.5 cm apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 13 minutes or until somewhat firm but still pale in color. (Do not overbake.)
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 3 days. To freeze, place cookies in airtight container, separating layers with waxed paper.
- Mash 125 mL blueberries with fork in medium bowl; stir in granulated sugar.
- Gently stir in raspberries and remaining blueberries. Cover and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- For each “shortcake,” place whole cookie on dessert plate.
- Top with 2 small scoops Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream; place cookie half between scoops. Spoon fruit topping over ice cream and serve immediately.
Twelve large, soft, bakery sugar cookies may be substituted for the homemade cookies.
|Per:||1||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount:||Nutrient Type|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Trans Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|
|Vitamin D||-1 mcgs|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|
|Vitamin B6||-1 mg|
|Vitamin E||-1 mg|
|Vitamin K||-1 mcg|