Day-At-The-Beach Ice Cream Cake
- Serves 24
- Prep Time 30 min
- Freeze Time 5 hr
- 1 1/2 containers Breyers® Classic Chocolate
- 1 package oblong vanilla cream-filled sandwich cookies
- Scoop about 1/2 of 1 container Breyers® Classic Chocolate into center of a (23cm) springform pan; press with spoon almost to the edge. Place 20 cookies vertically against side of pan with sides touching, pressing ice cream against cookies to help stand up. In food processor, process remaining cookies until fine crumbs; set aside.
- Scoop remaining 1/2 container ice cream into pan, smoothing to form even layer; sprinkle with 175 mL cookie crumbs. Scoop in remaining ice cream, smoothing to form even layer. Cover and freeze 5 hours or until ready to serve. To serve, remove ring from pan and arrange cake on serving platter.
- For beach decorations, cut fruit leather and bubble gum into strips for "beach towels" and "rafts" and mold fruit chews into "surfboards". Use blue icing to attach bear-shaped cookies to "beach towels", "rafts" and ring candies. Chill icing, if needed, until firm enough to hold bears. Chill decorations until ready to add to cake.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs on half of cake for "beach". Use icing on other half for "water" and "waves". Garnish with prepared decorations and paper "beach umbrella". Freeze until ready to serve.
*Beach Decorations: Assorted fruit leather, bubble gum strips, fruit chews, ring-shaped candies, blue decorating icing, mini bear-shaped cookies and paper umbrella.
TIP:To easily mold fruit chews, microwave a few seconds until slightly softened.
|Per:||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount:||Nutrient Type|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbs||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %|