Hamburger Style Ice Cream Cake
- Serves 16
- Prep Time 30 min
- Cook Time 45 min
- Freeze Time 5 hr
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 container Breyers® Classic Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) Spray a medium round cake pan and a larger metal or oven-proof glass bowl with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, pouring 1/2 of the batter into each prepared pan. Bake the medium cake 30 minutes and the larger cake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool completely.
- Trim top of the round cake to flatten. Trim flat side of the larger one to make even. Wrap cakes in aluminum foil and freeze 1 hour.
- Remove foil and arrange the mediumcake on serving platter. Scoop on Breyers® Classic Chocolate. Shape ice cream for "hamburger patty"with metal spatula; freeze at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, for hamburger decorations, spray glass pie plate with no-stick cooking spray. Microwave fruit chews 10 seconds to soften. Press together and flatten with rolling pin between 2 sheets waxed paper. Cut into a square "cheese slice". For "lettuce" mix coconut, water and food colouring in small bag, until coconut turns green.
- Arrange "cheese" on "hamburger patty", then sprinkle with "lettuce". Add fruit slice-shaped gum drops for "tomatoes". For "bun", top with the larger cake, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Freeze 4 hours or until ready to serve.
*Hamburger Decorations: 12 orange fruit chew candies, 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut, 1/2 tsp. green food colouring, 8 red fruit slice-shaped gum drops and 1 tsp. sesame seeds, (optional).
|Per:||1||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount:||Nutrient Type|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Trans Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|
|Vitamin B6||-1 mg|
|Vitamin D||-1 IU|
|Vitamin E||-1 mg|
|Vitamin K||-1 mcg|