Profiteroles with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 container Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- warm chocolate sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C). Line a large cookie sheet with lightly-greased parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine the water, butter and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium- high heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add the flour all at once, stirring constantly until the mixture leaves the side of the pan and forms a ball. Remove from heat and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs into the cooked mixture one at a time until the batter is smooth and glossy.
- Drop the mixture by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared sheet. Leave plenty of room between each spoonful as the dough doubles as it bakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then open the oven door and quickly cut a hole into the side of each puff to allow steam to escape. Continue to bake for another 5 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Let cool completely.
- Cut each profiterole in half, fill the bottoms with a small scoop of Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and cover with the tops. Place on dessert plates and drizzle with chocolate sauce
|Per:||1||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount:||Nutrient Type|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Trans Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|
|Vitamin B6||-1 mg|
|Vitamin D||-1 IU|
|Vitamin E||-1 mg|
|Vitamin K||-1 mcg|