Mocha Almond Fudge Ice Cream Torte
- Serves 14
- Prep Time 20 min
- Freeze Time 4 hr 30 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Imperial® margarine, melted
- 6 ounces (180 g) bittersweet chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate, (about 6 squares 30g ea.)
- 1 can (440 g.) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) espresso granules
- 1 container (1.66 L) Breyers® Creamery Style™ Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) toasted sliced almonds
- Combine 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cookie crumbs with margarine, then press into a medium size spring-form pan; freeze 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and espresso in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted; let cool about 15 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 Breyers® Creamery Style™ Chocolate Ice Cream into prepared pan, pressing to form an even layer. Evenly top with chocolate mixture, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup (125 mL) almonds. Freeze 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Spoon in remaining Ice Cream, pressing to form and even layer. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, remove sides from pan and coat sides of torte with remaining cookie crumbs. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) almonds.
TIP: Don't have a spring-form pan? Use a 9-inch (23-cm) round cake pan lined with plastic wrap instead!
|Per:||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount:||Nutrient Type|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||51 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|