Peach Crisp a la Mode
- Serves 6
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 3 large fresh peaches, peeled and sliced, (or 6 cups/1.5 L thawed frozen peaches)
- 1 cup (250 mL) PLUS 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) original pancake and baking mix, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 tsp. (3 mL) ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, cut into 1/2-inch (1.5 cm) cubes
- 3 cups (750 mL) Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 375° F(190 C).
- Combine peaches, 2 tablespoons (30 mL) baking mix, 1/3 cup (75 mL) brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) cinnamon, vanilla extract and 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 mL) salt in large bowl. Divide evenly between 6 (8 to 10 oz./ 227 to 300g) ramekins. Place on baking sheet; set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 cup (250 mL) baking mix, 2/3 cup (150 mL) brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 mL) salt with the almonds in medium bowl. Add margarine and cut in with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press together with fingers until clumps form. Sprinkle evenly over peach mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbling in center and topping is golden. Serve topped with Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
*Becel Gold in Quebec.
Recipe can also be made in shallow 2-quart (2 L) baking dish. Increase baking time to 45 minutes.
|Per:||6 servings||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount:||Nutrient Type|
|Calories from Fat||260|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||76 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||25 %|
|Vitamin C||8 %|