Football Ice Cream Cake
- Serves 16
- Prep Time 30 min
- Cook Time 22 min
- Freeze Time 3 hr
- Chill Time 45 min
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) confectioners sugar
- 1 container (1.66 L.) Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- White decorating gel
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) flaked coconut (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) water
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) green food colouring
- Preheat oven to 350° F(180 C). Line 15-1/2 x 10-1/2-inch (39 x 26.5 cm ) baking sheet with sides with parchment paper or aluminum foil; set aside.
- Combine cake mix with cocoa powder in large bowl. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour into prepared pan. Bake 22 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack.
- Run metal spatula around edges of cake to loosen; sift sugar onto cake. Invert onto clean kitchen towel; remove parchment paper. Trim off excess cake, if needed.
- Starting at short end of cake, roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, folding towel into cake; refrigerate 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Unroll cake on cutting board. Cut carton from Breyers® Creamery Style™ Ice Cream with scissors. Arrange Ice Cream on it's side and cut crosswise into 8 slices. Arrange slices on cake leaving 2-inch (5 cm) border at one end of cake, pressing to form an even layer. Roll cake up tightly, using towel to help roll cake; freeze 3 hours or overnight. Freeze serving platter 30 minutes before serving.
- Remove towel from cake on cutting board. Cut off all 4 corners to form football shape with serrated knife. Arrange cake on chilled serving platter; frost. Use white gel for "football threads".
- For "grass", mix coconut, water and food coloring until coconut turns green in small resealable plastic bag; sprinkle around cake. Return to freezer until ready to serve.
|Per:||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount:||Nutrient Type|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbs||46 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|Vitamin A||4 %|