Red Velvet Whoopie Pie Ice Cream Cake
- Serves 12
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- Freeze Time 1 hr
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) liquid red food coloring
- 1 package (8 oz) (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) confectioners sugar
- 1 container Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, softened
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F(180 C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place an 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pan on top of paper and trace a circle onto paper. Turn paper over so that pencil mark is on the bottom. Repeat with second piece paper; set aside.
- Combine cake mix and cocoa powder in large bowl. Add eggs, oil, water and food coloring and beat with electric mixer until blended. Divide batter in half and spoon onto center of traced circles on parchment. Spread batter with spoon to the edge of each circle.
- Bake, rotating baking sheets once, 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine cream cheese and confectioners sugar in medium bowl and beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Reserve 3 tablespoons (45 mL).
- Remove paper from cake. Place 1 cake layer flat side up on serving platter. Spoon Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream onto cake and spread into an even layer to edge of cake. Place remaining cake layer flat side up on flat surface. Evenly spread cream cheese mixture on cake to edge. Place cake, cream cheese side down, on top of ice cream layer to make whoopie pie. Freeze 1 hour.
- Combine reserved 3 tablespoons (45 mL) cream cheese mixture with milk in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over top of whoopie pie. Serve immediately.
|Per:||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount:||Nutrient Type|
|Calories from Fat||210|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||59 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|