German Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
- Serves 12
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 25 min
- 5 1/3 cups (1.33 L) sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, melted
- 1 container Breyers® Creamery Style™ Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180 C). Spray 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut for garnish. Combine remaining coconut and margarine in medium bowl. Press into prepared pie plate. Bake 25 minutes or until golden. If edges become too dark, cover with aluminum foil. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, spread reserved coconut on microwave-safe plate and microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Stir and microwave in 30 second increments until golden, stirring after each 30 seconds; set aside.
- Scoop Breyers® Creamery Style™ Chocolate Ice Cream into crust, smoothing to form even layer. Top with pecans, toasted coconut and ice cream topping. Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve.
*Becel Gold in Quebec.
|Per:||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount:||Nutrient Type|
|Calories from Fat||220|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||41 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|