French Toast a la Mode
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 2% milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 8 slices challah (about 1/2-inch /1.5 cm thick)
- 2 cups (500 mL) Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 2 oranges, peel and pith removed and cut into segments reserving juices
- Whisk together milk, eggs and cinnamon in shallow bowl.
- Melt 1 tablespoon (15 mL) margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip four slices bread into egg mixture; turn to coat and cook turning once, 5 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Arrange French toast on 4 serving plates. Top each with 1/2 cup (125 mL) scoop Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream. Arrange orange segments on French toast and drizzle with reserved juices and maple syrup.
*Becel Gold in Quebec.
|Per:||4 servings||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount:||Nutrient Type|
|Calories from Fat||180|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||94 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||70 %|
|Vitamin A||20 %|